These PWC signature home warranty programs help builders sell homes by building trust with their customers. It provides the strongest insurance protection in the industry, with multiple layers of protection and minimal paperwork. Our 10-year Insured Warranty Program is for builders who care about the details. Take a look at the facts below:
The Warranty: The PWC program consists of a 10-year written warranty, backed by A+ rated insurance. There are three distinct home protect warranty periods:
Year 1: Workmanship and materials defects as defined by the warranty document.
Year 2: Major systems (exclusive of appliances and items of equipment) including wiring, piping, ductwork and specified structural elements.
(Note: The builder is responsible for making all warranted repairs in years one and two, however there is insurance, up to the original sales price of the home to make those repairs in the event the builder is unwilling or unable to perform his warranty obligations).
Years 3-10: The builder warrants the home against covered structural failures. The insurer assumes the builder’s warranty obligations during this period.
The Insurance: The PWC program fills an important gap in the builder’s liability coverage by defining his liability for workmanship/materials defects and by covering the cost of structural repairs for most soils related defects in years 3-10. The builder receives an insurance policy backing his warranty obligations directly from a member company of an A+ rated insurance company. The builder also receives up to $100,000 per policy year in legal defense for actions against the builder in which damages are sought under the 3-10 year structural coverage.
Dispute Resolution: Warranty disputes are resolved using binding arbitration, not litigation.
Paperwork: Home enrollment takes less than a minute, using PWC’s toll-free number.
Fee: The $200 registration fee is billed only when the builder has been approved by PWC for participation in the Insured Warranty Program. There are no annual renewal fees. The enrollment fees for each home are based on the home’s sale price and the builder’s individual rate as outlined in the PWC registration package.
Sales Benefits: The PWC program contains many benefits for the consumer, making it an effective sales tool for the builder. These benefits include:
- Transferability: If the home is sold during the 10-year warranty period, the remaining portion of the warranty can be transferred to the new owner.
- Insurance Protection: Consumers have a greater sense of trust and security because their warranty is backed by a strong insurer.
- Clear Standards: Trust is established through the comprehensive, understandable, written standards contained in the warranty document.
- Dispute Resolution: Builders and buyers can resolve warranty disputes without the expense and delays of litigation. The participation of a neutral third party to settle disputes is fair to everyone.
- No Deductible: If an insurance claim is paid, the consumer pays no deductible.
Contact us today for more information on our 10-year Insured Warranty Program!