New home confidence
from our team to yours
Your Rewarding Career Awaits At PWSC
Ask a PWSC employee why they love their job and they’ll tell you:
“PWSC is a great place to work!”
“They take great care of their employees.”
“Friendly, relaxed atmosphere”
PWSC maintains a small-company environment where team work is encouraged and everyone pitches in to get the job done. You’ll expand your professional horizons and learn additional job skills to handle new projects as they come along, and will build strong relationships along with way.
We actively encourage career development, and allow employees to take courses that are appropriate to the advancement of their careers. We cover membership costs for professional societies and groups such as home builder associations.
Giving back is important to us. PWSC employees get involved in causes that help children, like Mustard Seed Ranch and Toys for Tots.
We also know how to kick back. Our Fun Committee plans events and milestone parties as well as our annual holiday party for the entire office, so we get the opportunity to enjoy some down time together.
POSITION: SENIOR/DIRECTOR OF RISK MITIGATION
Founded in January 1995, Professional Warranty Service Corporation (“PWSC” or the “Company”) is the leading provider of new home warranty products and administration services to home builders and homeowners across the United States. PWSC has a reputation for designing innovative products and excellent customer service to the new home warranty sector. Since inception, the Company has provided new home warranty products and services for over 2,200 home builders and nearly 1.5 million homebuyers I homeowners throughout the United States. PWSC is headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia.
The Senior Director of the Risk Mitigation department is responsible for the daily activities of the Warranty Service Support Representatives and Claim Warranty Service Representatives. This includes administration of incoming homeowner calls and written communication related the Home Builder’s Limited Warranty, the Builder’s Limited Warranty and other PWSC products and services. Builder participants in these programs may also call or write with specific questions about the warranty document(s), coverage, dispute settlement process or claim process.
- Direct supervision of the claims and customer service department leaders
- Customer Service team responsible for home owner and builder service support
- Claims team responsible for complaint handling, mediation, arbitration and claims processing
- Liaison between builders, home owners, government agencies, and third party arbitration companies
- Directly involved with the top tier builders in the United States
- Partner with insurance carriers on program underwriting standards and exceptions
- Maintain positive working relationships with Department of Housing Development (HUD)
- Involved in producing and analyzing Customer Service Reports
- Hold and maintain Insurance Licenses in state required to sign-off on recurring reporting requirements as well as reciprocal licenses required for other states
- Direct production of and review of Surplus Lines reporting activities.
- Identify and implement best-in-class process improvements
- Reports to senior executive
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Hire, train and supervise staff including Claims and Customer Service
- Evaluate risk profile of new builder applicants
- Oversee data entry into PWSC CRM system
- Resolve Complex and High Exposure Claim Activities
- Identify and Interpret issues to be elevated to the COO or President
- Prepare files for Legal Department Activities
- Provide department level reporting
- Fulfill Reporting Requirements for State and Local Agencies
- Identify coaching and workshop opportunities to assist staff development
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Strong understanding of new home construction industry. Experience highly recommended.
- Bachelor’s Degree (strongly preferred)
- Excellent customer service and listening skills
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Player-Coach that works well within a team environment
- Self-motivated with a strong level of intellectual curiosity
- Detail oriented
- Current Property & Casualty Insurance License in Commonwealth of Virginia
- Surplus Lines Authority in the Commonwealth of Virginia
- Strong leadership / Team Builder with multi-type staff
- Well-developed Management Style (Interpersonal Skills)
- Able to express high levels of Credibility with Clients & Associates
POSITION: WARRANTY ADMINISTRATOR
The warranty administrator role maintains and enhances warranty administration services by providing warranty and coverage information, responds to homeowner and builder inquiries and issues, and resolves problems through conciliation and mediation.
- Provide for informal conciliation of disputes prior to the need to resort to arbitration. Respond to inquiries from homeowners relative to coverage issues related to their home. Clarify homeowner issue; determine the cause of the issue; select and explain the best solution to solve the issue; and follow up to ensure resolution. Prepare written responses to homeowner and builder inquires on coverage or other issues
- Assist and manage in the set up of complaint, arbitration, and claim files, including the gathering of related material. Maintain records by updating information
- Respond and provide guidance to builders on issues related to warranty documents and mediation, arbitration and claims issues
- Recommend potential solutions or services to management by collecting information and data and analyzing needs
- Improve customer service quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes; establishing and communicating service metrics; monitoring and analyzing results; and implementing changes
- Prepare quarterly and other periodic reports for outside agencies and the insurer, and for internal use, as required
- Maximize use of company warranty administration system toward the fulfillment of the Company’s mission
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Customer service, conflict resolution experience preferred
- Ability to analyze information, problem solve and make decisions readily
- Excellent verbal and written communication and listening skills
- High attention to detail and focus on quality
- Able to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Computer skills required
- Insurance or construction industry background helpful
- Bilingual (Spanish) helpful
To be considered for new opportunities with PWSC, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org