New home confidence
from our team to yours
Your Rewarding Career Awaits At PWSC
Ask a PWSC employee why they love their job and they’ll tell you:
“PWSC is a great place to work!”
“They take great care of their employees.”
“Friendly, relaxed atmosphere”
PWSC maintains a small-company environment where team work is encouraged and everyone pitches in to get the job done. You’ll expand your professional horizons and learn additional job skills to handle new projects as they come along, and will build strong relationships along with way.
We actively encourage career development, and allow employees to take courses that are appropriate to the advancement of their careers. We cover membership costs for professional societies and groups such as home builder associations.
Giving back is important to us. PWSC employees get involved in causes that help children, like Mustard Seed Ranch and Toys for Tots.
We also know how to kick back. Our Fun Committee plans events and milestone parties as well as our annual holiday party for the entire office, so we get the opportunity to enjoy some down time together.
POSITION: Accounting Manager
The Accounting Manager, under the direction of the VP of Accounting, is responsible for working closely with other members of the accounting department on corporate accounting and execution of financial controls required by parent company and to support corporate objectives and strategies. He or She will perform numerous accounting functions in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles, SEC reporting, and accepted company accounting practices and procedures.
The candidate must be a critical thinker with a strong accounting background who knows debits and credits, accruals, and is experienced with account reconciliations. The candidate must be able to look beyond the obvious to resolve issues and understand the importance of maintaining accurate and timely records for internal and external reporting purposes. The candidate must be exceptional in Excel and able to leverage technology to solve problems. The ideal candidate should exhibit a high level of confidentiality and should be driven to learn and improve.
- Participate in the month-end closing procedures
- Review bank account reconciliations and perform some of the more complex balance sheet account reconciliations
- Supervise the expense reporting process, including producing the related journal entries
- Serve as liaison between HR and accounting and produce semi-monthly payroll journal entries
- Prepare monthly commission calculations
- Play a key role in the internal and external audits
- Play a key role in the annual budgeting process
- Review accounts payable for proper general ledger coding/ classification
- Complete other financial reports and analyses as requested by management
- Ensure that accounting activities are in accordance with established Company
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor of Accounting
- 5+ years experience in accounting roles, some public accounting experience preferred
- Exceptional Excel skills required, including formulas, vlookups and familiarity with pivot tables
- High level of confidentiality, strong work ethic, and integrity a must
- Problem solver mentality
- Strong attention to detail, as well as ability to understand the bigger picture
- Good organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills – must work well with all levels of personnel within the organization, as well as the parent company, bank personnel, etc.
- Solid analytical and technical skills
- Knowledge of accounting principles and procedures including general ledger functions and month/year-end close procedures, preferably for a public company
- Experience working with accounting software
POSITION: Warranty Administrator, Claims Department
This Warranty Administrator role maintains and enhances warranty administration services by providing warranty and coverage information, responds to homeowner and builder inquiries and issues, and resolves problems through conciliation and mediation.
- Provide for informal conciliation of disputes prior to the need to resort to arbitration. Respond to inquiries from homeowners relative to coverage issues related to their home. Clarify homeowner issue; determine the cause of the issue; select and explain the best solution to solve the issue; and follow up to ensure resolution. Prepare written responses to homeowner inquires on coverage or other issues
- Assist and manage in the set up of complaint, arbitration, and claim files, including the gathering of related material. Maintain records by updating information
- Respond and provide guidance to builders on issues related to warranty documents and arbitration issues
- Recommend potential solutions or services to management by collecting information and data and analyzing needs
- Improve customer service quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes; establishing and communicating service metrics; monitoring and analyzing results; and implementing changes
- Prepare quarterly and other periodic reports for outside agencies and the insurer, and for internal use, as required
- Maximize use of company warranty administration system toward the fulfillment of the Company’s mission
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Customer service, conflict resolution experience preferred
- Ability to analyze information, problem solve and make decisions readily
- Excellent verbal and written communication and listening skills
- High attention to detail and focus on quality
- Able to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Computer skills required
- Insurance or construction industry background helpful
- Bilingual (Spanish) helpful
To be considered for new opportunities with PWSC, please send your resume to email@example.com