New home confidence
from our team to yours
Your Rewarding Career Awaits At PWSC
Ask a PWSC employee why they love their job and they’ll tell you:
“PWSC is a great place to work!”
“They take great care of their employees.”
“Friendly, relaxed atmosphere”
PWSC maintains a small-company environment where team work is encouraged and everyone pitches in to get the job done. You’ll expand your professional horizons and learn additional job skills to handle new projects as they come along, and will build strong relationships along with way.
We actively encourage career development, and allow employees to take courses that are appropriate to the advancement of their careers. We cover membership costs for professional societies and groups such as home builder associations.
Giving back is important to us. PWSC employees get involved in causes that help children, like Mustard Seed Ranch and Toys for Tots.
We also know how to kick back. Our Fun Committee plans events and milestone parties as well as our annual holiday party for the entire office, so we get the opportunity to enjoy some down time together.
POSITION: SENIOR/DIRECTOR OF RISK MITIGATION
The Senior Director of the Risk Mitigation department is responsible for the daily activities of the Warranty Service Support Representatives and Claim Warranty Service Representatives. This includes administration of incoming homeowner calls and written communication related the Home Builder’s Limited Warranty, the Builder’s Limited Warranty and other PWSC products and services. Builder participants in these programs may also call or write with specific questions about the warranty document(s), coverage, dispute settlement process or claim process.
- Direct supervision of the claims and customer service department leaders
- Customer Service team responsible for home owner and builder service support
- Claims team responsible for complaint handling, mediation, arbitration and claims processing
- Liaison between builders, home owners, government agencies, and third party arbitration companies
- Directly involved with the top tier builders in the United States
- Partner with insurance carriers on program underwriting standards and exceptions
- Maintain positive working relationships with Department of Housing Development (HUD)
- Involved in producing and analyzing Customer Service Reports
- Hold and maintain Insurance Licenses in state required to sign-off on recurring reporting requirements as well as reciprocal licenses required for other states
- Direct production of and review of Surplus Lines reporting activities.
- Identify and implement best-in-class process improvements
- Reports to senior executive
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Hire, train and supervise staff including Claims and Customer Service
- Evaluate risk profile of new builder applicants
- Oversee data entry into PWSC CRM system
- Resolve Complex and High Exposure Claim Activities
- Identify and Interpret issues to be elevated to the COO or President
- Prepare files for Legal Department Activities
- Provide department level reporting
- Fulfill Reporting Requirements for State and Local Agencies
- Identify coaching and workshop opportunities to assist staff development
- Strong understanding of new home construction industry. Experience highly recommended.
- Bachelor’s Degree (strongly preferred)
- Excellent customer service and listening skills
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Player-Coach that works well within a team environment
- Self-motivated with a strong level of intellectual curiosity
- Detail oriented
- Current Property & Casualty Insurance License in Commonwealth of Virginia
- Surplus Lines Authority in the Commonwealth of Virginia
- Strong leadership / Team Builder with multi-type staff
- Well-developed Management Style (Interpersonal Skills)
- Able to express high levels of Credibility with Clients & Associates
POSITION: SENIOR ACCOUNTANT
The Senior Accountant, under the direction of the VP of Accounting, is responsible for working closely with other members of the accounting department on corporate accounting and execution of financial controls required by parent company and to support corporate objectives and strategies. S/he will perform numerous accounting functions in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles, SEC Reporting, and accepted company accounting practices and procedures.
The ideal candidate has a solid accounting background and knows their debits and credits, understands accruals, is experienced with account reconciliations, looks beyond the obvious to resolve differences, and understands the importance of maintaining accurate and timely records for internal and external reporting purposes. They prefer to figure out solutions on their own, but know when to ask questions. S/he is confident working in Excel, is detail-oriented and able to critically look at information and question something that doesn’t make sense. S/he should exhibit a high level of confidentiality and should be driven to learn and improve.
- Participate in the month-end closing procedures
- Review bank account reconciliations and perform some of the more complex balance sheet account reconciliations
- Supervise the expense reporting process, including producing the related journal entries
- Serve as liaison between HR and accounting and produce semi-monthly payroll journal entries
- Prepare monthly commission calculations
- Play a key role in the internal and external audits
- Play a key role in the annual budgeting process
- Review accounts payable for proper general ledger coding/ classification
- Complete other financial reports and analyses as requested by management
- Ensure that accounting activities are in accordance with established Company procedures
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required
- 5+ years experience in financial roles, some public accounting experience preferred
- Strong Excel skills required, including formulas, vlookups and familiarity with pivot tables preferred
- High level of confidentiality, strong work ethic, and integrity a must
- Problem solver mentality
- Strong attention to detail, as well as ability to understand the bigger picture
- Good organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills – must work well with all levels of personnel within the organization, as well as the parent company, bank personnel, etc.
- Solid analytical and technical skills
- Knowledge of accounting principles and procedures including general ledger functions and month/year-end close procedures, preferably for a public company
- Experience working with accounting software
To be considered for new opportunities with PWSC, please send your resume to email@example.com